Sunday, July 27, 2008

The bible belt






Wow another day loooong day. We drove another 500+ miles again today. Getting kind of exhausted. We are staying at shady motel in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Tomorrow we'll be traveling through Oklahoma and into Texas.
Driving through Tennessee was not much fun. We ran into traffic for the first time in our trip and it was about 95 degrees and very very muggy but once we got into to Arkansas we got a little rain which cooled it down to about 75. Arkansas was a really easy drive because it is super flat and full of farm land. It was the first place we were actually able to stop and take some pictures .

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The clouds in Oklahoma are amazing..I hope they show that to you tomorrow..and Texas is big but fun. Does this mean you will be here in a couple of days?

Holly Fimple said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! I hate to tell you, but the drive through Oklahoma and Texas will def not be an exciting one, that drive can get pretty boring! Too bad I'm not back in Ok yet or I'd have you guys stop for a detour at the lake, or at least a few beers and a free place to stay. You guys should call Trina if you want to take a break in Ok before heading on. Good Luck in LA!!

Derek Wood said...

Thanks Holly. We actually had lunch with your sister. She also took us around Tulsa. It was sooo hot.

Holly Fimple said...

Yeah... I heard it's been about 103-105 there. I'm def not looking forward to getting back to that heat! I'm glad your roadtrip is going well and you guys are almost there. Have fun!

Trina Fimple said...

Hey quit talking about me behind my back! lol So, they managed to make one trip around the block in downtown boring Tulsa. But, by the time we got to the car sweat was coming down. I told them 45 min N. and they could have come stayed at the lake and rode waverunners. It was funny they looked at each other and were trying to decide wether they really had to get back on the road right then. Couldn't talk them into it!!! Maybe another time!!! Right Guys!!